Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hola Amigos,

It's a sunny Sunday in the low 80's.  Been to the open air market and got a bag of yellow peppers (6) for 10 pesos (80 cents) plus a bag of roma tomatoes (8) for 10 pesos.  Food is cheap at the market.
There is a place in town that sells bread, rolls and you have to be there to get any at 1:00 or they are gone.  I have been trying to buy some and went there 3 different times and didn't know about the 1:00 time to buy them.  I just found out today from an American who lives in that area.  I will check it out tomorrow.

Ed got to see another guy roast coffee at his house in what looks like a blender, but it roasts coffee.  Of course, he got to try some with a scone.  I just had the scone.  The house is really darling and for sale.  I believe they are asking $125,000.  There are many other homes for sale in other neighborhoods, but they are asking $200,000 to $600,000.  Don't worry, we aren't buying one, but many Americans do.

There was an all American tour ride to see different places and learn the history in town the other day.  There were 16 of us and the Mexican driver spoke pretty good English.

An American woman had a sale of things at her lovely home.  She has some antiques and new stuff. 

Also, I went to a luncheon at my favorite restaurant/bakery and she had 2 ladies selling their wares.  They were Americans or Canadians.  They had neat painted hats, shoes and purses.  I didn't buy anything at either sale.  This Wed. is a sale of goods from Mexican ladies from another town and that should be more interesting.  I believe it will be items that they make.  Looking forward to it.

Well, tonight starts a week long festival of music that students will perform on the plaza.  I heard there were going to be fireworks, so I'll close for now.

Hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment